According to Roy Beck of NumbersUSA, “Senate Majority Leader Reid (D-Nev.) is currently expected to bring the DREAM Act amnesty to a vote Wednesday morning.”
Here are the shocking talking points on the Dream Act:
But here are the things I am emphasizing to the media, most of whom can’t seem to understand how I can possibly oppose helping out a bunch of good kids whose parents are the ones who broke the law by bringing them here to be illegal aliens.
* S. 2205 would do what all amnesties do — entice millions more people to become illegal aliens here. The word across the world would be that immigration crime pays.
* The DREAM Act amnesty doesn’t just offer U.S. citizenship to illegal alien teenagers, it also provides amnesty to the parents of most of them. Once the amnestied teens become citizens they can obtain an amnesty for their parents.
* Plus, anybody who can cl aim to be under the age of 30 can also make a claim to have arrived before the age of 16 and make a move for the amnesty (plus all of their relaties through chain migration).
* S. 2205 provides for no extra enforcement to help ensure that families around the world don’t risk their teenagers’ lives by forcing them to enter the U.S. illegally across the deserts. Passage of this amnesty likely would increase deaths of illegal aliens in the desert as more and more people attempt to get into the country in preparation for the next amnesty.
* Many of the advocacy groups pushing the DREAM Act amnesty openly say it is intended as a way to break the barrier and then to push for several more amnesties and rewards for illegal aliens.
* Many of these teenagers weren’t brought to the United States illegally by their parents. Rather, many of them came on their own and found illegal shelter with legal immigrants who were from their country. Passing this amn e sty will encourage millions more families to consider forcing their young teenagers into dangerous journeys to America to become illegal aliens and hope to get similar rewards.
* If there is a compelling story for giving amnesty to any of these high school students, it should be told only after the rule of law has been restored, including a fully functioning entry/exit system at the border and mandatory verification of all new hires by all businesses, governments and non-profits.
Sign up with NumbersUSA here and help them fight this latest attempt to grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.